This roasted pumpkin couscous salad is made with zucchini, pearl couscous and feta cheese and parsley. It’s an easy, healthy and filling vegetarian dish that can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- 600g (about 1/4) Japanese pumpkin (kabocha squash), cut into cubes
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pearl couscous (Israeli couscous)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Juice of 1–2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced)/ 400°F and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine pumpkin, zucchini and red onion. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and cumin.
- Roast for 30 – 40 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Cook couscous according to package directions. You can also use pre-cooked couscous if you have some on hand.
- Remove vegetables from the oven.
- Add cooked couscous to the bowl with all the veggies, chopped parsley, feta and sesame seeds Squeeze lemon juice over top and toss everything together.
- Garnish with extra sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Storage: This salad will keep fresh for about 1-2 days in an airtight container in the fridge. No need to reheat, simply enjoy it cold.
- Gluten-free option: Substitute the couscous for quinoa, brown rice or buckwheat if needed.
Keywords: pumpkin, zucchini, couscous salad, feta, vegetarian