This seaweed hummus is a delicious asian twist on the classic! Toasted seaweed, Tamara, tahini and chickpeas are blended into a creamy dip.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup reserved chickpea liquid
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 packets toasted seaweed snacks
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lime
- 2–3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Add the chickpeas to your blender along with tahini, tamari, lime, garlic, sesame oil and chickpea liquid to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Turn your blender on high and use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades. After 30 seconds, it should be fully blended. Your hummus will be thick, creamy and smooth. If you’d like a thinner consistency, add ¼ cup of cold water until it’s your desired consistency.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl. Garnish with crushed toasted seaweed, sesame seeds and a drizzle of extra sesame oil if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for later.
Keywords: Hummus, seaweed, asian