This lightened up spinach mushroom feta quiche is made with greek yogurt and has a tortilla crust. A healthy, easy and tasty dinner recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 450g brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (75g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt + black pepper
- 3 large flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Cut one tortilla in half and leave the other two whole. In a 22cm springform pan place the tortillas on the bottom to form the “crust”.
- Heat a large non-stick pan with olive oil over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme, and cook until browned and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, tossing constantly until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Distribute the mixture evenly over the tortilla pan and top with feta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yoghurt, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the mushroom filling and gently tap the pan to fill in the gaps. Transfer the tortilla quiche to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The quiche will be fully cooked when the surface is lightly brown and springs back to touch.
- Allow the quiche to cool for about 10 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve.
- Refrigerate leftover mushroom quiche up to 4 days in an airtight container.
- To freeze: Wrap the quiche tightly in plastic wrap and freeze in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Keywords: mushroom quiche, tortilla quiche