This chopped strawberry goat cheese salad is the ultimate light, fresh and easy summer salad recipe. Juicy strawberries, romaine lettuce, basil and goat cheese are tossed in a simple balsamic dressing.
- 1 large head Cos/ Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 a small red onion (or 1/4 of a large)
- 450g (1lb) fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cutting the strawberries into quarters, chop the lettuce, finely shred a bunch of basil leaves and dice half of a red onion. Place into a large bowl.
- Crumble the goat with your fingers on top, making sure to leave some aside for garnish.
- Add the Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to a jar and shake well until emulsified – so they are completely mixed and no longer separate. Taste and adjust to taste if desired.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing on the salad and gently toss to combine or serve with dressing on the side. Enjoy!
- This salad is best served immediately. Leftovers will keep for up to 2 days but will be soggy.
Keywords: strawberry salad, goat cheese, romaine, basil, vegetarian