This delicious roasted beetroot sweet potato salad is made with a heart base of kale, quinoa, feta and pecans. It’s easy, healthy and so satisfying
- 1/3 cup quinoa, dry (or 1 cup cooked)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled + cut into cubes
- 2 medium beetroots, peeled + cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for roasting)
- 3–4 curly kale leaves, torn + stems removed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 tbalespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 400F/ 180C (fan-forced) and prepare the sweet potato and beetroot. Peel, then chop into ¾ inch pieces.
- Place vegetables onto the baking sheet and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned and fork tender.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions or use pre-cooked quinoa if you have some on hand.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or shaking together in a jar with a lid.
- In a large mixing or serving bowl, drizzle half the dressing over the kale and then really get in there with your hands and squeeze and massage it all together (similar to how you would knead dough). Massaging dressing into kale helps to break down the tough fibres in the leafy green, making it much softer, tastier, and easier to digest.
- Add the cooked quinoa, cooked beets, sweet potato, feta, raisins, feta, pecans and remaing dressing.
- Top with extra feta cheese and enjoy!
- Storage: This salad will stay fresh for about 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Vegan version: swap feta cheese for a non dairy alternative.
Keywords: beetroot, sweet potato, kale, feta, salad