This healthy sweet potato gingerbread baked oatmeal is super festive and the perfect brunch for the holiday season. Loaded with warming spices and molasses, these wholesome sweet potato oatmeal bars are a delicious treat to wake you up!
- 2 cups/ 250g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup/ 250g sweet potato purée
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F/ 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir your dry ingredients together (rolled oats, chia seeds, spices, pecans and baking powder
- Then, pour your wet ingredients (sweet potato purée, milk, eggs, molasess, maple syrup and vanilla) into the mixing bowl. Stir wet and dry ingredients together until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a 8×8 baking dish, and sprinkle the top with extra pecans.
- Place baking dish in oven for about 30-35 minutes or until ready.
Keywords: Gingerbread, baked oatmeal, sweet potato