This roasted sweet potato and red pepper soup is so easy, nourishing and comforting. It’s filled with warming spices and white beans to make it creamy and rich in protein.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g (21oz) sweet potato, peeled + chopped
- 2 red bell peppers (capsicums), de-seeded + chopped
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 400g/ 15oz can white beans (butter beans/ cannellini beans), rinsed
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 180/ 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into chunks. Deseed the red peppers (capsicum) and cut into chunks. Cut the onion into quarters, leaving the skin on.
- Transfer the veggies to a baking tray cut side up, coat with oil, and sprinkle with cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 35-40 mins or until beginning to brown.
- Once the vegetables are cool enough to handle, remove the outer layer of the onion and squeeze the garlic out of their skins. Transfer them to a high-powered blender along with the white beans and vegetable broth. Start with 3 cups of vegetable broth and add more to achieve your desired consistency. Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy. Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Storage: Store in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 month or refrigerate for 3 to 5 days.
- White beans: You can replace with 1/3 cup raw cashews or 1 cup f coconut milk to make creamy.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 46.9g
- Fiber: 9.2g
- Protein: 5.8g
Keywords: sweet potatoes, capsicums, red peppers, bell peppers, white beans, dairy free, soup