These crunchy Teriyaki Cauliflower wings are the ultimate sticky, sweet and flavourful veggie appetizer with a kick! They are vegan, gluten-free and simple to make!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon each garlic + onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats or crushed crackers
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- Sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC/ 425ºF and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, making sure they are all relatively even in size. This is important so they all cook evenly.
- Next, prepare the batter. In a medium/large bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder, making sure there are no clumps.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter mixture (you can add them all at once), using a spatula or spoon to coat them all.
- Transfer the coated cauliflower to a bowl of oats to completely coat, then place them onto the baking sheet one at a time, with enough space in between.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until crisp.
- While the cauliflower is baking, pour the teriyaki sauce into a large shallow bowl. If the sauce is very thick, add a few tablespoons water.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces into the teriyaki mixture and return to the baking sheet. You can also use a brush to paint the teriyaki sauce on; just make sure the cauliflower is coated very well in the sauce.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Keywords: cauliflower wings, teriyaki cauliflower wings