The ultimate vegan breakfast sausage patties with apple and lentils are 100% gluten free, egg free and packed with fibre.
- 250g/ 9oz mushrooms, halved
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 can brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari soy sauce
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup/ 150g chopped apple (any kind!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the mushrooms and apple in a food processor until they reach a ground meat “mince” like consistency.
- Cook the onion, and mushroom mixture to a pan over medium low heat for about 8-10 minutes or until moisture is (almost completely) reduced. Cool down.
- In a bowl combine the mushroom mixture, lentils, tamari, molasses, herbs, spices and almond flour. I use my hands for this!
- Use your hands form the mixture into 10 equal sized patties.
- Place the patties on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spritz with olive oil spray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the breakfast sausage patties wth warm tortillas, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, leafy greens, avocado, hummus, fresh berries and walnuts for the ultimate breakfast board.