Vegan chocolate peppermint donuts made from sweet potatoes, chocolate and peppermint for all the festive feels! These are the ultimate holiday donut recipe made with healthier ingredients while perfectly cakey, sweet and delicious like an actual donut.
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes, to top
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine sweet potato puree, maple syrup, peppermint, vanilla and until smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth and creamy with no clumps.
- Spoon batter into donut pans then bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until ready (I stick a toothpick in!).
- Allow the donuts to cool then gently remove (I usually quickly flip the donut tray upside down and gently tap to get them out).
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each donut in chocolate then sprinkle with crushed candy canes and enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate peppermint donuts, vegan chocolate donuts, vegan chocolate peppermint donuts