These lentil cauliflower vegan taquitos are the ultimate crispy and delicious mexican dish to whip up! They are easy to make, oven baked, perfectly spiced and ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cups/ 200g cauliflower rice
- 1 can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic owder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup cashew cheese spread (I used this one)*
- 10 corn tortillas
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Guacamole and salsa for serving
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 400F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large pan, add a splash of olive oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower rice, lentils, taco seasoning and tomato and and cook for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat until ready.
- Remove from heat and mix in cashew cheese.
- Warm the tortillas in microwave for about 20 seconds to soften so they are easy to roll.
- Spread about 4 tablespoons lentil and and cauliflower filling across one end of the tortilla. Tightly wrap the tortilla around the filling to create a tube. Place the tortilla on the baking sheet, folded side facing down facing down.
- Spray the taquitos with oil spray or gently brush with oil then bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
* Can sub with non-dairy cream cheese or cottage cheese.
Keywords: vegan taquitos, baked taquitos, lentil taquitos