The best ever healthy vegan strawberry cake made with all gluten free and nut free ingredients. A delicious strawberry banana cake sweetened with fruit and topped with an irresistible strawberry yoghurt frosting. The perfect way to celebrate mothers day and summer dessert!
Vegan strawberry cake
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup strawberry coconut yoghurt (I like this one)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup strawberry coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 4–5 fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a 8 x 8 square cake pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, strawberry yoghurt, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the oat flour, baking powder and sugar until well combined.
- Fold strawberries in last then add to cake pan. Note the batter will be quite thick*.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes (I stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean – it is ready!)
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry frosting by blending the yogurt, coconut butter and fresh strawberries in a foood processor or high speed blender. Pour into a bowl and refridgerate.
- When the cake is completely cooled, spread over the frosting then top with extra sliced strawberries if desirred. Slice and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan strawberry cake, strawberry and banana cake, gluten free strawberry cake