Easy Vegan Carrot macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food that everybody will love. Made even better with a nut-free veggie packed creamy carrot “cheese” sauce and sweet tender peas!
- 16 oz/ 450g dried macaroni (I use gluten-free macaroni)
- 16 oz/ 450g fresh or frozen green peas
Carrot Cheese Sauce:
- 2 cups/ 300g roughly chopped or sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup tahini or nut butter of choice
- 1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil and fit with a steamer attachment. Stem the carrots till tender for about 8 minutes. Alternatively you can cook the carrots in a microwave-safe bowl with a dew splashes of water for 4 minutes, or until tender. Set the carrots aside.
- In another large pot, add water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, add the peas to cook with the pasta to cook. Pasta should be ardent or just fork tender.
- Add the carrots, tahini, milk, lemon juice and seasonings to a high speed blender and blend until creamy, about one minute.
- Drain pasta and peas, and add back to the pot. Pout over the carrot cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- If you don’t like tahini simply replace it with another nut butter of choice.
- Can sub carrots with steamed butternut pumpkin if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 serve
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 59.4g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 13.2g
Keywords: Vegan Carrot Mac and Cheese, Carrot Mac and Cheese, Vegan Mac and Cheese