Quick and easy teriyaki udon noodles made with tender vegetables and tossed in a delicious teriyaki sauce. A healthy vegetarian weeknight meal ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 1 x 270g pack of udon or hokkien noodles
- 4 spring onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1 bunch pak choy, chopped
- 400g flat mushrooms, sliced
- ½ – ¾ cup teriyaki sauce
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the noodles according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse well to remove any excess starch. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the spring onions, carrots, capsicum, pak choy and mushrooms. Cooking, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add in the drained noodles and the sauce and cook it for another 1 minute and it’s done.
- Serve with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Store: Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for about 3 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Keywords: teriyaki, udon noodles, vegetables, vegetarian, vegan