A simple coconut milk pasta sauce blended up with tons of hidden veggies. It’s deliciously creamy, dairy-free, vegan and so easy to make. The tastiest and easiest way to sneak some veggies into your diet!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1x 500g box pasta of choice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and saute the onion, capsicum (bell pepper), celery, carrots, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasonings, salt and chili flakes. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until veggies are soft.
- Stir in the coconut milk and water
- Allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the sauce ingredients into a high speed blender (i used my vitamix), then blend until super smooth. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to blend in batches.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Return blended sauce to your hot pan while you cook your pasta of choice before mixing with sauce and serving. *Note, this can also be served with any protein, veggies, or spaghetti squash instead of pasta.
Keywords: hidden veggies, coconut milk, pasta sauce