This warm kale mushroom quinoa salad is packed with unami flavours and and topped with a delicious cheesy tahini dressing. It’s a hearty vegan salad that can been enjoyed as a side or a main!
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 16oz/ 450g mushrooms
- 4 cups curly kale leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Salt + pepper, to taste
Cheesy tahini dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Make the cheesy tahini dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add the water to thin it out. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high. Add a little olive oil and sauté onion for a few minutes until translucent. Then add the mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes, until browned and tender. Season with salt + pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl massage the kale with half of the dressing to slightly soften the leaves.
- When quinoa is done, add quinoa and mushrooms to the mixing bowl with the kale. Toss everything to combine well, adjusting seasonings to taste. Serve salad and top with remaining dressing and sesame seeds. Enjoy!