The ultimate healthy zucchini tuna cakes (tuna patties) made with gluten-free, paleo and low carb ingredients. They are baked in the oven and require no breadcrumbs. High protein, omega 3 rich and a quick and easy weeknight dinner or lunch meal prep recipe.
- 1 large 425g/ 15oz can tuna in springwater
- 2 cups/ 200g grated zucchini— squeezed
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour, divided
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, zucchini, onion, mustard, 1/2 cup almond flour, garlic, lemon zest. Crack the eggs and squeeze in the lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using your clean hands, mix everything until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Form the mixture into 10 patties then lightly sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup almond flour.
- Place the patties with a bit of space in between onto a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the patties on the baking paper and lightly spary with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until slightly golden. I like to sear my patties in a fry pan after baking to get a cripsy exterior.
- Once done, remove from the heat and serve warm. Enjoy!
Keywords: zucchini tuna cakes, tuna cakes, tuna patties,