This creamy vegan broccoli almond soup recipe is so easy to make, nutritious and comforting! It has the added boost of protein from blended white beans + toasted almonds for the ultimate nutty touch.
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3–4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup/ 50g almond flakes, toasted
- 3–4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Toasted sourdough, coconut cream + almonds to serve
- To start, toast the almonds in a large saucepan over a medium medium-high until brown. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, celery, salt + pepper. Sauté for 2-3 mins, until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add chopped broccoli to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour in veggie broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, allowing to simmer for 15 mins. The broccoli should be fork-tender when done.
- Stir in white beans and toasted almonds. Then, use a hand-held immersion blender to blend the soup in the pot OR transfer ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If using a high-speed blender, you may have to blend in batches.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of coconut cream, additional toasted almond and toasted sourdough bread if desired.
- Leftovers will keep for about 4 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating. Alternatively reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Keywords: broccoli soup, almond, dairy free, soup