The easiest eggless cornbread recipe made with fresh corn kernels and simple, healthier ingredients! It has a moist tender crumb and is ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup plain yogurt*
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with butter. Then place it into the oven to warm up while preheating. If using a cake pan, skip this step*.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add flour, cornmeal, rosemary, baking powder and salt. Stir in corn.
- Pour batter to the skillet and bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes (or until edges are golden).
- Slice and enjoy.
- I used non-fat plain yogurt
- Store leftover cornbread in an airtight container at room temp for a day, then refrigerate.
- Freeze: cool completely, slice if you’d like, and freeze in airtight containers for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: Per slice
- Calories: 135 calories
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: cornbread, eggless, egg free, corn, thanksgiving