Healthy gluten free corn fritters made with cheese, herbs, and buckwheat flour are a childhood classic! Serve with yoghurt for a delicious snack or as part of a meal.
- 2 cups corn kernels, frozen defrosted or drained
- 2 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour or chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspooon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- Olive oil or butter, to cook
- Plain yogurt, paprika + extra herbs to serve
- Add the corn, spring onion (scallions), coriander (cilantro), cheese, eggs, buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and milk to a large bowl. Mix well until everything is incorporated. Add more milk if needed.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray it with oil. Spoon 1/4 cup batter portions into the pan, leaving space between them. Using a spatula, press down on each fritter to flatten it. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden. Rest on a paper towel, and repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil if necessary.
- Serve the fritters with a dollop of yogurt, a pinch of paprika, and herbs, then enjoy!
- Store: Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. Store the sauce separately for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Place in a freezer-safe bag or container for cup to 2 months. If stacking, use parchment paper in between.
Keywords: healthy, gluten free, corn fritters