The best every gluten free pumpkin donuts made with almond flour, warm spices and coated in a delicious layer of cinnamon sugar. A healthier paleo baked donut recipe that is perfectly cake and sweet just like an actual donut.
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (200g) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon sugar coating:
- coconut oil spray or melted butter, to coat
- 2/3 cup monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 160C (fan forced) and grease a donut pan with oil spray.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree and eggs until smooth
- Add in the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until smooth and creamy with no clumps
- Spoon batter into donut pans then bake in the oven for 25-27 minutes or until ready (I stick a toothpick in!)
- Allow the donuts to cool for a few then gently remove (I usually quickly flip the donut tray upside down and gently tap to get them out)
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl.
- Quickly spray each donut in oil/ butter then dip in sugar and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in container for 5 days or freezer for longer.
Keywords: Gluten free, pumpkin, donuts, paleo