Deliciously healthy chocolate chip sweet potato bread bread made with wholegrain oat flour, sweet potatoes and dark chocolate chips. A moist gluten free + vegan friendly sweet potato snack bread everybody will love!
- 1 cup/ 250g mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups/ 250g oat flour (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + extra for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweet potato, eggs, honey, vanilla and coconut oil until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon and combine well so there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips then pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes (or until a tooth pick comes out clean when you stick it in the centre).
- Allow to cool then slice and enjoy!
- To make one flax egg: mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water. Rest for 5 minutes to thicken before adding to the batter.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 7.5g
Keywords: healthy chocolate chip sweet potato bread, sweet potato bread, sweet potato snack bread