The BEST honey chipotle shrimp tacos served with a refreshing mango cucumber salsa. A healthy, simple, yet delicious summer dish that’s bursting with flavour and comes together in just 15 minutes!
Honey Chipotle shrimp:
- 450g/ 1 lbs prawns (shrimp), shells removed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chipotle seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil spears, to cook
Mango cucumber salsa:
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
8 small corn or flour tortillas, to serve
- Prepare Salsa: Toss all the mango cucumber salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside until ready to assemble tacos.
- Cook prawns (shrimp): heat up a pan over medium-high heat with a little olive oil. Season prawns with chipotle seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Add to the pan and cook until pink. This should take about 1-2 minutes on each side*.
- Warm tortillas: Either warm up tortillas in the microwave or over a hot dry pan on the stovetop. I like to use a griddle pan for mine.
- Assemble Tacos: To assemble tacos, start with mango salsa then top with the honey chipotle prawns and fresh coriander leaves. Serve.
- If you have any leftover honey chipotle shrimp, store them separately in the fridge in an airtight container. Your leftover shrimp (prawns) will last 3-4 days if stored properly.
- Leftover salsa will have a 3 day limit in the fridge. Make sure to keep it tightly covered or sealed to keep it’s freshness.
Keywords: honey chipotle shrimp tacos, honey chipotle shrimp, honey chipotle prawns, prawn tacos, mango salsa, mango cucumber salsa