This Mediterranean black bean salad is quick, flavourful and versatile. With a simple balsamic dressing, it’s ready in under 10 minutes, making it the perfect light main or healthy vegetarian side dish.
- 2 cups arugula (rocket)
- 1 Lebanese/ Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted + choppped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Chop the onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, artichokes, olives and basil leaves. Rinse and drain the canned black beans.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small jug to combine.
- Add everything into a large bowl, pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
Store leftover salad in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 7.1g
Keywords: Mediterranean, back bean salad, vegetarian