Moroccan Cauliflower with lentils, and a coriander yoghurt sauce is delicious side dish packed with sweet and spicy flavour. Serve this plant-based side with your protein of choice for an easy weeknight dinners or bring to your next BBQ!
- 1 large or 2 small heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon curry poweder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can brown lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions (or 1/4 raw red onion sliced)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds/ sliced almonds
- 1 lemon, juiced
Coriander yoghurt sauce:
- 3/4 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (+more for serving)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F and line a sheet pan with baking paper.
- Remove stems and leaves from cauliflower, and roughly chop into 1-inch florets. Place florets in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, spices, salt and pepper until every coated. Spread on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make the yoghurt sauce by blending the greek yoghurt, coriander leaves, tahini, lemon juice and salt in a food processor. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine the roasted cauliflower with the lentils, onions, cranberries, nuts/ seeds, coriander and lemon juice. Toss everything to combine well, adjusting seasonings to taste.
- Plate up the salad and drizzle with the coriander yoghurt sauce and sprinkle with extra sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge. Store both the roasted cauliflower and the yogurt sauce in separate airtight containers
Keywords: moroccan cauliflower, moroccan roasted cauliflower, moroccan cauliflower with yoghurt sauce