The most delicious paleo carrot cake banana bread made with all gluten free, grain free ingredients and no added sugar. An easy one bowl recipe the whole fam will love and is topped with an incredible cream cheese style yoghurt frosting!
Carrot cake banana bread:
- 2 cups/ 200g almond flour
- 1 ½ cups/ 150g grated carrot
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup/ 125g mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup raisins (and/ or walnuts if you want!)
Cream cheese style yoghurt frosting:
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek/ non dairy yoghurt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, carrots, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the almond flour, baking powder and spices until well combined.
- Fold raisins and/ or walnuts then add to bread dish and bake in oven for 50-55 minutes (I stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean – it is ready!)
- While the bread is baking, make the cream cheese frosting by mixing together the yogurt and coconut butter with a spoon in a small bowl.
- When the loaf is completely cooled, spread over the frosting then slice and enjoy!
- If you would like a sweeter loaf add 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, brown sugar or monk fruit sweetener
Keywords: carrot cake banana bread, paleo carrot cake banana bread, gluten free carrot cake banana bread