These flourless peanut butter banana brownies are so easy to make, gluten free and baked with a tasty peanut butter swirl! Perfectly fudge, rich and made in one bowl.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (250g) natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Extra peanut butter to swirl (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C/ 325F. Line a 23cm/ 8×8 inch brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas then add the peanut butter, honey, eggs and vanilla, and mix until combine.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and mix until just combined. Fold in the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and spread out evenly with a rubber spatula. Top with a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and swirl with a skewer. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- You can replace the banana with 3/4 cup applesauce.
- Substitute the peanut butter with almond butter or any nut/ seed butter.
Keywords: peanut butter, banana, brownies, gluten free, flourless