Healthy peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars made with wholesome vegan ingredients and NO added sugars.
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp/ 20g ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)*
- 1/2 cup raspberries, mashed*
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 35 F/180C (160C fan-forced) and line a 8×8 inch square baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana, peanut butter, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the oats, flaxseed and baking powder, and stir to combine.
- Pour into the baking pan. Sprinkle over crushed peanuts and raspberries, slightly pressing them into the mixture with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes minutes or until cooked through.
- While the peanut butter oatmeal bars are baking, make the “jelly”. Mash the raspberries in a bowl with a fork to create a jam like texture.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few. Add the mashed raspberries on stop, 4 spoonfuls of peanut butter then swirl with a toothpick or sharp knife. Slice and enjoy!
- Can use any type of berry (strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)