The ultimate 15-minute chickpea stir fry with a delicious peanut butter sauce and all the veggies. One of the easiest vegan dinner recipes to whip up with minimal ingredients!
- 3 tablespoons crunchy or smooth natural peanut butter*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ½ tablespoon grated ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/3– 1/2 cup water, to thin
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- ½ yellow capsicum (bell pepper)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed well
- Sesame seeds
- Make the stir fry sauce by whisking the peanut butter, hosin sauce, ginger, lime juice and water together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add all the veggies to a pan with a little sesame oil and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is almost cooked. Add in the chickpeas and sauce, and stir together.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat then remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can sub peanut butter for almond, cashew, tahini or sunflower seed butter.
Keywords: chickpea stir fry, vegan, peanut sauce