Start the day with this high protein, vegetable packed vegan frittata! An easy make ahead breakfast option made with chickpea flour, veggies off choice and herbs. Gluten free + dairy free.
- 1 ¾ cups chickpea flour (garbanzo bean or besan flour)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or black salt for a more egg-like flavour)
- 2 cups non-dairy milk or water
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (eg. broccoli, capsicum, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, corn)
- 2 spring onions or ¼ brown onion, finely diced
- Small handful of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C 160C fan-forced) and grease a muffin tin, mini loaves pan or line an 8 x 8 baking pan with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the milk and whisk until combined (batter will be runny, not thick).
- Add the vegetables and mix again.
- Scoop the batter into desired baking tin.
- bake in the oven for 35 minutes for small frittatas or up to 50 minutes for a large one. Test with toothpick, by sticking it in the center of a muffin, if it comes clean, frittatas are ready.
- Remove from oven and let rest on a cooling rack before flipping out.
Keywords: vegan frittata, chickpea flour frittata