These roasted green beans and carrots are the best veggie side dish. Carrots and green beans are roasted to perfection, topped with feta cheese and lemon!
These roasted carrots and green beans are an easy weeknight veggie dish to add to your dinner rotation. They get caramelized in the oven and seriously taste so good!
They’re topped with crumbled feta cheese, parsley and a good squeeze of lemon juice at the end for a delicious flavour. Not only are they super easy to make but are also a great addition to the holiday table too. Minimal ingredients are required, it’s pretty hands off and are ready in about 35 minutes.
Ingredients you’ll need:
You’ll need 6 ingredients to make these roasted green beans and carrots recipe.
- Carrots: You can swap these for your favourite root vegetable.
- Green beans: Make sure got trim the ends. You can also use broccoli or cauliflower instead.
- Olive oil: helps the veggies crisp up beautifully in the oven.
- Salt and Pepper: simple seasonings bring the veggies to life.
- Feta cheese: Just 2 tablespoons for a delicious creamy salty touch.
- Lemon Juice: Adds a bright burst of freshness.
- Parsley: Adds an herbal pop that tastes great with carrots and green beans.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts is located on the recipe card below.
How to make roasted carrots and green beans
Let’s quickly discuss how this dish goes down:
Add vegetables to a baking sheet. Combine the green beans and carrots on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Toss with seasonings. Quickly drizzle or spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until well combined. Spread in a single layer.
Bake until tender. Transfer to the oven and roast until caramelised and tender. Remove once the carrots are fork tender or cooked to your liking*.
To serve. Top the carrots and green beans parsley, crumbled feta and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Tips & variations
- Cut your carrots evenly so they cook evenly. Try to use whole carrots the same size. Slice lengthways the center of the carrot and cut into quarters.
- Trim the green beans. Cut the rough ends off the green beans
- Do not overcrowd the pan. If your baking sheet or roasting pan is too small to fit all of the vegetables, use two baking sheets. The vegetables will roast better if the pan is not overcrowded.
- Keep an eye on your vegetables as they are roasting. Check them at 25-30 minutes. If you like crunchier vegetables leave them in the oven for an extra 5 minutes if you like your vegetables more tender.
- Dairy free? Replace the feta with vegan feta cheese or omit all together.
How to store
Let the veggies cool completely, then store in a airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or the oven.
Garlic, lemon, parsley, basil, thyme, butter. Green beans have a pretty neutral flavor so many herbs and spices pair beautifully.
No, you do not need to blanch the green beans before roasting them. Roasting them cooks them enough.
I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil in a spray bottle because it is easy to evenly coat all of the veggies. Avocado oil or ghee are also great options.
Other delicious veggie side dishes
If you try this roasted green beans and carrots recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
- 350g (12oz) green beans, ends trimmed
- 300g (10.5oz) carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Half a lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 400F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Add the green beans and carrots to the baking sheet, spray or drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine then spread in an even layer.
Bake for about 30-35 minutes, stirring once halfway through, or until the veggies are tender to your liking.
Garnish the carrots and green beans with the parsley, feta cheese and lemon juice. Serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or the oven.
Keywords: roasted veggies, carrots, green beans